12.19.2007

Oh how I will love 2008

For the next couple of days I will count down my most anticipated movies of the 2008. It looks like it will be a great year for film and tight pants. Or was this year a great year for tight pants? I get confused..anyway..and a way we go!!!!

#20 Fanboys
Release Date: 2008
Director: Kyle Newman
Starring: Sam Huntington, Dan Fogler, Jay Baruchel, Kristen Bell
Synopsis: Star Wars fans travel to Skywalker Ranch to steal an early copy of Episode I: The Phantom Menace for their dying friend.

#19 Adventureland
Release Date: 2008
Director: Greg Mottola (Superbad)
Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Ryan Reynolds, Kristen Stewart, Martin Starr
Synopsis: A comedy set in the summer of 1987 and centered around a recent college grad (Eisenberg) who takes a nowhere job at his local amusement park, only to find it's the perfect course to get him prepared for the real world.

# 18 Be Kind Rewind
Release Date: January 25th, 2008
Director: Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Science of Sleep)
Starring: Jack Black, Mos Def, Danny Glover, Mia Farrow, Melonie Diaz
Synopsis: A man (Black) whose brain becomes magnetized unintentionally destroys every tape in his friend's video store. In order to satisfy the store's most loyal renter, an aging woman with signs of dementia, the two men set out to remake the lost films, which include Back to the Future, The Lion King, and RoboCop.

#17 Choke
Release Date: Late 2008
Director: Clark Gregg
Starring: Sam Rockwell, Anjelica Huston, Kelly Macdonald, Brad William Henke
Synopsis: A sex-addicted con-man pays for his mother's hospital bills by playing on the sympathies of those who rescue him from choking to death.

#16 Pineapple Express
Release Date: August 8th, 2008
Director: David Gordon Green (George Washington, All the Real Girls, Snow Angels)
Starring: Seth Rogen, James Franco, Amber Heard
Synopsis: A stoner and his dealer are forced to go on the run from the police after the pothead witnesses a cop commit a murder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like its been 10 years since I saw the preview for Fanboys, I have been waiting and waiting....also this is the 1st I have ever heard of Pineapple Express, I love, love, love, Seth Rogan...so I am in.

YESH said...

STEPH G color me impressed with your movie taste ...